The works consisted of the soft strip and demolition of internal concrete and brick structures inside a redundant Royal Mail depot and the removal of external features. The depot was to be developed into a self-storage facility, which retained much of the existing structure.
Tower Demolition removed all the internal partitions and structures from within the main shell footprint of the building. This included the strip out of all mechanical and electrical installations and associated plant.
We also carried out:
- Removal and disposal of vinyl floor covering
- Removal of selected chain link fencing to the building perimeter
- Removal of all cycle stands and frames from the building perimeter
- Demolition of the gatehouse and gas meter enclosures
- All arisings were separated into their individual waste categories and
- Removed from the site to a nearby recycling facility.
Our client required the works to be carried out in a 3-week period, so we allocated a 20-man team to the project, and successfully delivered the project on time and in budget.